Maplewood Academy had its beginnings in Minneapolis in 1888 in the basement of the Lake Street Church and was called the Minneapolis Preparatory School. A year later the school was moved to Anoka and was renamed the Minnesota Industrial School. In 1904, it moved again to a beautiful 94 acre farm property purchased in Maple Plain, the location of which is the present day site of Baker Park Preserve and the Three Rivers Park. The property included a lovely maple grove, which prompted the school’s name change to Maplewood Academy. In 1928 the school was again moved to the campus of the Danish-Norwegian Seminary located in Hutchinson, Minnesota. The two schools co-existed for two years until the seminary closed, leaving the Academy to take over use of all the facilities. Thus, for nearly ninety years, Maplewood Academy has provided quality secondary Christian education to hundreds of students at its current location.
To learn more about our history go to: mnsdahistory.org